Up-and-coming Big Loud Records country artist Ashland Craft recently announced her debut album, Travelin’ Kind.
Set to release on September 3, the 11-track project gives fans a look into Craft’s journey as she uprooted her life in her hometown of Piedmont, SC in 2019 to move to Nashville and pursue her musical dreams. Through tour stops, broken hearts and everything in between, the fiery singer shares her unique way of living life throughout the project.
“I think it was important for me to start the story from the beginning, until now. And so it was only appropriate to name it Travelin’ Kind. In my head, that was an ideal title because that’s me right now. It’s what I’m doing and what I will be [doing] for a while,” the singer shared with American Songwriter. “I’m proud of the fact that it’s organic and a little more old school than the modern country in the way we produced it. We didn’t use any tracks or extra things. We just let the music speak for itself. And, I feel like it turned out to represent me very well and who I am, and I’m excited for people to get to hear it and connect to it.”
Produced by Jonathon Singleton Travelin’ Kind features nine tracks co-written by Craft. Also contributing writing credits are GRAMMY-nominated songwriters Singleton, Jessi Alexander, Jessie Jo Dillon, Rodney Clawson and Wyatt Beasley Durrrette III. Craft’s close friends, Faren Rachels, Rob Snyder, Lee Starr, Willie Morrison, Reid Isbell and Jenna LaMaster, also contributed to the highly-anticipated project.
Head of the album’s release, Craft shared the brand new track, “Make It Past Georgia,” which was co-written by the rising star alongside Reid Isbell and Willie Morrison.
“‘Make It Past Georgia’ is the all-too-familiar narrative of the one that got away,” she explains. “When this title creeped into my head, it came from a place of wondering what could have been. Based heavily on personal experiences over the years, this song was written in a way that is meant to show the journey of different love interests, plans, heartbreaks, and that one person that you just can’t seem to forget – aka ‘Georgia.’”
Fans can catch Ashland Craft on the road with Zac Brown Band on The Comeback Tour 2021 beginning next month.
TRAVELIN’ KIND Track List:
1. “Travelin’ Kind” (Ashland Craft, Erik Dylan)
2. “Your Momma Still Does” (Jenna LaMaster, Jonathan Singleton)
3. “Leavin’ You Again” (Ashland Craft, Jenna LaMaster, Faren Rachels)
4. “Make It Past Georgia” (Ashland Craft, Reid Isbell, Willie Morrison)
5. “Last 20 Dollars” (Ashland Craft, Wyatt Beasley Durrette, III, Jonathan Singleton)
6. “Highway Like Me (feat. Marcus King)” (Ashland Craft, Jessi Alexander, Reid Isbell)
7. “Mimosas In The Morning” (Ashland Craft, Jessie Jo Dillon, Jonathan Singleton)
8. “Day By Day” (Tori Allen, Corey Grogan)
9. “Letcha Fly” (Ashland Craft, Willie Morrison, Lee Starr)
10. “Come Down” (Ashland Craft, Adam Hood, Rob Snyder)
11. “That’s The Kinda Place” (Ashland Craft, Rodney Clawson, Jonathan Singleton)
All Songs Produced by Jonathan Singleton