Brantley Gilbert is celebrating the one year anniversary of his fifth studio album, Fire & Brimstone, with a special deluxe edition of the album.
The “Fire’t Up” singer announced on Thursday (Sept. 24) that he will be releasing Fire & Brimstone (Deluxe Edition) on October 2. The deluxe edition of the project will feature two new songs including his current single “Hard Days” and a somber, reflection ballad entitled “Old Friends,” which was written after the unexpected passing of a long-time crew member and friend, Al Ditch.
“‘Old Friends’ is about treasuring friendships with those folks who always have your back through thick and thin, the ones you make memories with that last a lifetime,” shares Gilbert. “Al was that kind of friend, and he had that kind of impact on the entire crew. He made sure we’d have plenty of good memories to look back on, and we’re so blessed to have had him with us for eight years.”
Fire & Brimstone was first released on October 4, 2019, and nearly a year-to-date later, he is unleashing the deluxe version of the record. All 15 tracks on the album were written or co-written by Gilbert. The lead single “What Happens In A Small Town” featuring Lindsay Ell marked Gilbert’s fifth No. 1 as an artist and seventh No. 1 as a songwriter. The track also earned nominations for the 2019 CMA Award for Musical Event of the Year and 2020 ACM Award for Music Event of the Year.
“When you write as much as I do, there’s just no sense in holding it back, especially when it fits in so well with what BG Nation is listening to at the moment,” elaborates the Maysville, Georgia native. “After hearing our fans and knowing so many of them are going through it, we wanted to commemorate the one-year anniversary of our latest album with something special.”
Track listing for FIRE & BRIMSTONE (DELUXE EDITION):
1. “Fire’t Up” (Brantley Gilbert, Brandon Day, Justin Weaver)
2. “Not Like Us” (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Amy Wadge)
3. “Welcome to Hazeville” featuring Colt Ford, Lukas Nelson and Willie Nelson (Brantley Gilbert, Rodney Clawson, Andrew DeRoberts, Colt Ford)
4. “What Happens in a Small Town” featuring Lindsay Ell (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Josh Dunne)
5. “She Ain’t Home” (Brantley Gilbert, Brian Davis, Justin Weaver)
6. “Lost Soul’s Prayer” (Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts)
7. “Tough Town” (Brantley Gilbert, Blake Chaffin, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
8. “Fire & Brimstone” featuring Jamey Johnson and Alison Krauss (Brantley Gilbert)
9. “Laid Back Ride” (Brantley Gilbert)
10. “Bad Boy” (Brantley Gilbert, Andrew DeRoberts, Josh Phillips)
11. “New Money” (Brantley Gilbert, Rhett Akins, Brock Berryhill, Brandon Day)
12. “Breaks Down” (Brantley Gilbert, Jaida Dreyer, Josh Mirenda, Justin Weaver)
13. “Man of Steel” (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Cole Taylor)
14. “Never Gonna Be Alone” (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Erik Dylan)
15. “Man that Hung the Moon” (Brantley Gilbert)
16. “Hard Days” (Brantley Gilbert, Jimi Bell, Brock Berryhill, Jay Brunswick, Logan Wall)
17. “Old Friends” (Brantley Gilbert, Brock Berryhill, Randy Montana)