Country Icon Willie Nelson’s Milestone 90th Birthday Celebration Is Coming To TV: Here’s How To Watch
Willie Nelson celebrated his milestone 90th birthday earlier this year with a star-studded, two-day concert event at the Hollywood Bowl,…
Willie Nelson, Georgei Strait; Photo by Jay Blakesberg/Blackbird Productions
Willie Nelson celebrated his milestone 90th birthday earlier this year with a star-studded, two-day concert event at the Hollywood Bowl, and now, fans have the chance to witness the all-star celebration when it airs on CBS.
Where Can I Watch Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday?
WILLIE NELSON’S 90TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION will air on Sunday, December 17 (8:30-10:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Additionally, it will stream on Paramount+ (live and on-demand for Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+). Note: Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers will have access to stream live via the live feed of their local CBS affiliate on the service, as well as on demand. Paramount+ Essential subscribers will not have the option to stream live but will have access to on-demand the day after the special airs.
The special was recorded live on April 29 and April 30 at the legendary Hollywood Bowl where music’s biggest stars and A-list celebrities gathered to celebrate Nelson’s 90th birthday. The two-hour birthday celebration airing on CBS will feature remarkable collaborations and performances that are truly one of a kind.
Who Performed At Willie Nelson’s 90th Birthday?
Artists and special guests set to appear include Willie Nelson, Beck, Gary Clark Jr., Sheryl Crow, Snoop Dogg, Norah Jones, Miranda Lambert, Dave Matthews, Nelson’s sons Lukas Nelson and Micah Nelson, Keith Richards, George Strait and Chris Stapleton. The special is hosted by stars Jennifer Garner, Chelsea Handler, Woody Harrelson, Ethan Hawke, Helen Mirren and Owen Wilson.
“It is the sincere privilege of our lives to have produced these shows celebrating our beloved Willie, and to partner with CBS to bring this special to fans around the world,” said Mark Rothbaum and Keith Wortman, creators and executive producers of WILLIE NELSON’S 90th BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. “Viewers will now have the chance to sing, laugh and cry, and experience the joy of this celebration like never before.”
WILLIE NELSON’S 90TH BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION is a production of Blackbird Presents.
Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl
Alongside the CBS special, Legacy Recordings, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, is set to unveil Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl. Produced by Blackbird Presents, the deluxe 2CD+Blu-ray, Digital, and 2xLP versions will be available on Friday, December 15.
This compilation features 52 performances including 13 digital-only bonus tracks exclusive to this release. Four preview tracks were previously released, including Dave Matthews doing “Funny How Time Slips Away,” The Avett Brothers performing “Pick Up The Tempo,” Willie’s son Lukas Nelson delivering a version of “Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground” and a just-released, all-star chorus of dozens of guests joining Willie for a rendition of “On The Road Again” paired with “Happy Birthday.”
The extended 2CD+Blu-ray version of Long Story Short: Willie Nelson 90 Live At The Hollywood Bowl boasts three hours of concert footage, three additional video bonus performances, 39 audio tracks, and a comprehensive multi-page booklet. A 2xLP vinyl edition, showcasing key highlights from the event, will also be available beginning Friday, December 15.
See below for the complete 52-song track list. Digital Edition track listing/ Digital-Only Bonus Tracks in Bold
- Billy Strings – Whiskey River
- Billy Strings – I Gotta Get Drunk
- Charley Crockett – Yesterday’s Wine
- Orville Peck – Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other
- Edie Brickell w/ Charlie Sexton – Remember Me (When The Candle Lights Are Gleaming)
- Lyle Lovett – Hello Walls
- Lyle Lovett – My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys
- Allison Russell & Norah Jones – Seven Spanish Angels
- Particle Kid & Daniel Lanois – The Ghost
- Particle Kid & Daniel Lanois – Die When I’m High (Halfway To Heaven)
- Dwight Yoakam – Me And Paul
- Margo Price & Nathanial Rateliff – I Can Get Off On You
- Margo Price & Waylon Payne – Georgia On A Fast Train
- Beck – Hands On The Wheel
- Beck – Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
- Norah Jones – Down Yonder
- Norah Jones & Kris Kristofferson – Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Rodney Crowell, Emmylou Harris, Waylon Payne – It Ain’t Over Yet
- Warren Haynes – Midnight Rider
- Lukas Nelson – Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground
- Leon Bridges & Gary Clark Jr. – Night Life
- Gary Clark Jr. – Texas Flood
- Rosanne Cash w/ Kris Kristofferson – Loving Her Was Easier (Than Anything I’ll Ever Do Again)
- Jack Johnson – Willie Got Me Stoned
- Tyler Childers and The Food Stamps – Time Of The Preacher
- Lukas Nelson & Shooter Jennings – Good Hearted Woman
- Ziggy Marley – Still Is Still Moving To Me
- Tom Jones – Opportunity To Cry
- The Avett Brothers – Pick Up The Tempo
- The Avett Brothers – Heaven And Hell
- Bobby Weir – Blue Eyes Crying In the Rain
- The Chicks – Bloody Mary Morning
- The Lumineers – Pretty Paper
- Nathaniel Rateliff – City Of New Orleans
- Nathanial Rateliff – A Song For You
- Sheryl Crow – Crazy
- Dave Matthews – Funny How Time Slips Away
- Miranda Lambert – Mammas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys
- Chris Stapleton – Always On My Mind
- Jamey Johnson, Warren Haynes & Booker T Jones – Georgia On My Mind
- Willie Nelson & Booker T Jones – Stardust
- Willie Nelson & Lily Meola – Will You Remember Mine
- Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon – Something You Get Through
- Willie Nelson & Billy Strings – California Sober
- Willie Nelson & Sheryl Crow – Far Away Places
- Willie Nelson & George Strait – Sing One With Willie
- Willie Nelson & George Strait – Pancho & Lefty
- Willie Nelson & Snoop Dogg – Roll Me Up And Smoke Me When I Die
- Willie Nelson, Stephen Stills & Neil Young – Are There Any More Cowboys?
- Willie Nelson & Keith Richards – We Had It All
- Willie Nelson & Keith Richards – Live Forever
- All Sing – On The Road Again & Happy Birthday
Lauren Jo Black
Lauren Jo Black, a University of Central Florida graduate, has immersed herself in the world of country music for over 15 years. In 2008, she co-founded CountryMusicIsLove, eventually selling it to a major record label in 2015. Following the rebranding of the website to Sounds Like Nashville, Black served as Editor-in-Chief for two and a half years. Currently, she assumes the role of Editor-in-Chief at Country Now and oversees Country Now’s content and digital footprint. Her extensive experience also encompasses her previous role as a Country Music Expert Writer for Answers.com and her work being featured on Forbes.com. She’s been spotlighted among Country Aircheck’s Women of Influence and received the 2012 Rising Star Award from the University of Central Florida. Black also spent time in front of the camera as host of Country Now Live, which brought live music directly to fans in 2021 when the majority of concerts were halted due to the pandemic. During this time, she hosted 24 weeks of live concerts via Country Now Live on Twitch with special guests such as Lady A, Dierks Bentley, Jordan Davis, Brett Young, and Jon Pardi. Over the course of her career, she has had the privilege of conducting interviews with some of the industry’s most prominent stars, including Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton, Luke Combs, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Lainey Wilson, and many others. Lauren Jo Black is a longtime member of the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music.