Easton Corbin Returns With New Album, ‘Let’s Do Country Right’
Corbin gets back to his traditional country roots on the 14-track project.
Easton Corbin; Photo by John Shearer
Chart-topping artist Easton Corbin released his highly anticipated full-length album, Let’s Do Country Right, via Stone Country Records, on Jan. 20.
The 14-track release was produced by Wade Kirby and Derek George and features Corbin’s traditional country sound with steel guitar and down-home lyrics that all his fans know him for.
“I’m so excited to have a full-length studio album coming out with Stone Country Records. After I signed with them last year, we immediately got to work on this project,” shares Corbin. “What I love most about this record is that I had a chance to get back to my roots and make the true traditional country music that made me want to do this for a living. I’m really looking forward to hearing what the fans think and can’t wait to have them singing along to these new songs on the road.”
Corbin made this album by collaborating with some of country music’s best. Some of these country greats and esteemed songwriters include Rhett Akins, Ashley Gorley, Dallas Davidson, Adam Craig, Rodney Clawson, Shane Minor, and more.
Among the track listing is “Marry That Girl,” which was released in March of 2022 and has already shown itself to be a fan favorite. The song has surpassed over 40 million streams across streaming platforms and serves as the first official single on Let’s Do Country Right. The track is expected to hit country radio airwaves on February 13, just in time for Valentine’s Day.
The project finds Corbin tipping his hat to one of his musical heroes, Merle Haggard, on the track “Hey Merle.”
“If you ask anyone, they’ll tell you that Merle Haggard is one of my biggest influences. I wouldn’t be who I am without some of our legends like Merle and Hank Williams,” Corbin previously shared.
Even whilst being hard at work in the studio working on this album, 2022 was an incredibly successful year for Corbin. In 2022, he signed with Stone Country Records, a label venture led by industry veterans Benny Brown, Paul Brown, and Jason Sellers which spearheaded the creative process of the newly released project. Corbin, who continues to carry the torch for traditional country music, had just one goal in mind when making Let’s Do Country Right – staying true to country music and just like the album title says, doing country “right”.
1. Hey Merle (Easton Corbin, Rodney Clawson, Wade Kirby)
2. I Can’t Decide (Easton Corbin, Ashley Gorley, Wade Kirby, Rhett Akins)
3. Marry That Girl (Easton Corbin, Adam Craig, Shane Minor, Wade Kirby)
4. Somebody’s Gotta Be Country (Ashley Gorley, Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson)
5. Let’s Do Country Right (Easton Corbin, Carson Chamberlain, Wade Kirby, Wyatt McCubbin)
6. Between You and Me (Easton Corbin, Brad Clawson, Wade Kirby, Jim Beavers)
7. Where Do You Go (Easton Corbin, Josh Jenkins, Wade Kirby)
8. Lonesome Drinkers (Easton Corbin, Shane Minor, Wade Kirby, Brice Long)
9. Over A Girl (Easton Corbin, Ben Hayslip, Wade Kirby)
10. Real Good Country Song (Easton Corbin, Ashley Gorley, Wade Kirby, Rodney Clawson)
11. Whiskey Don’t Take Me Back (Easton Corbin, Brad Clawson, Wade Kirby, Shane Minor)
12. Honky Tonk Land (Easton Corbin, David Lee Murphy, Wade Kirby)
13. Wind You Up (Easton Corbin, Wade Kirby, Kelly Archer)
14. In It (Jimmy Robbins, Josh Thompson, Laura Veltz)
Tags from this story: