Jelly Roll Reveals Miranda Lambert, HARDY & More As Co-Writers On ‘WHITSITT CHAPEL’ Track List
The project will also feature three star-studded collaborations.
Jelly Roll; Photo by Andrew Wendowski
Jelly Roll just announced the track list for his forthcoming new album, WHITSITT CHAPEL, which will serve as his debut full length country project.
The genre-bending star unleashed the track list via a press release.
The project, named after the church the Antioch native grew up attending, will feature 13 tracks, including the previously released tunes “NEED A FAVOR,” “SHE” “Unlive” and “Save Me.”
WHITSITT CHAPEL will also include three collaborations. Brantley Gilbert and Struggle Jennings joins Jelly Roll on “Behind Bars” and Yelawolf is featured on “Unlive,” while Lainey Wilson teamed up with the 38-year-old hitmaker to recreate his fan-favorite tune, “Save Me.”
Jelly Roll’s forthcoming new album boasts of a star-studded list of some of the best songwriters in Nashville, including Miranda Lambert, Ashley McBryde, HARDY, Jesse Frasure, Hillary Lindsey, Matt Jenkins, Jessie Jo Dillon, Austin Nivarel, Hunter Phelps, Michael Whitworth, producer Zach Crowell, and more.
“This album is about growth and gratitude happening in my life. I wanted to create a project that felt hopeful. I believe the worst feeling a person can have is feeling hopeless or worthless. This is therapeutic music. Real music for real people with real problems,” Jelly Roll shared in a statement.
Arriving on June 2 via BMG/Stoney Creek Records, WHITSITT CHAPEL is available now to pre-save/preorder HERE.
Jelly Roll’s WHITSITT CHAPEL Track List
1. Halfway To Hell – Written by Jason DeFord, Jesse Frasure, Matt Jenkins, Jessie Jo Dillo*
2. Church – Written by Jason DeFord, Michael Hardy, David Garci**
3. The Lost – Written by Jason DeFord, Jesse Frasure, Miranda Lambert*
4. Behind Bars (with Brantley Gilbert and Struggle Jennings) – Written by Jason DeFord, Brantley Gilbert, Michael Whitworth, Andrew Baylis, Brock Berryhill, Austin Nivare***
5. Nail Me – Written by Jason DeFord, Kevin Gruft, Austin Nivare^
6. Hold On Me – Written by Jason DeFord, Hillary Lindsey, Alysa Vanderheym, Michael Whitwort^
7. Kill A Man – Written by Jason DeFord, Riley Thomas, Andrew Baylis, Michael Whitwort^
8. Unlive (with Yelawolf) – Written by Jason DeFord, Ashley McBryde, Andrew Baylis, Zach Crowell, Michael Wayne Atha^
9. Save Me (with Lainey Wilson) – Written by Jason DeFord, David Ray Steven^^
10. She – Written by Jason DeFord, Austin Nivarel, Kevin “Thrasher” Gruf^^^
11. Need A Favor – Written by Jason DeFord, Austin Nivarel, Joe Ragosta, Rob Ragost*^
12. Dancing With The Devil – Written by Jason DeFord, Hunter Phelps, Zach Crowel^
13. Hungover In A Church Pew – Written by Jason DeFord, Hunter Phelps, Zach Crowell^
^Produced by Zach Crowell
*Produced by Zach Crowell and Jesse Frasure
**Produced by Zach Crowell and David Garcia
^^Produced by Zach Crowell and David Ray Stevens
*^Produced by Austin Nivarel
***Produced by Brock Berryhill and Andrew Baylis
^^^Produced by Kevin “Thrasher” Gruft
‘Save Me’ Documentary
The album’s track list comes just weeks after the 38-year-old announced a documentary, Jelly Roll: Save Me. The film by ABC New Studios will give viewers an inside look at the “Son Of A Sinner” singer’s life on the road with never-before-seen footage from his tour. It will also include interviews with Jelly Roll and people who are close to him.
With a desire to inspire others to make a change in their lives, Jelly Roll will share his personal trials and tribulations throughout film, which will debut on May 30.
See the trailer of Jelly Roll’s upcoming documentary below.
Additionally, Jelly Roll will soon embark on his massive 44-date headlining arena tour, dubbed the Backroad Baptism Tour.
Hosted by Josh Adam Meyers, the trek kicks off on Friday, July 28 at Bank Plus Amphitheater in Southhaven, Mississippi. The Backroad Baptism will run through Saturday, October 14, where the trek will wrap up in Tampa, Florida at MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre.
“The Backroad Baptism Tour is a big one for me, y’all! I’m bringing my friends out on the road this summer, and I can’t wait to see every one of you mutherf***ers at a show,” Jelly Roll shared.
Ashley McBryde, Caitlynne Curtis, Chase Rice, Elle King, Merkules, Struggle Jennings, Three 6 Mafia, Yelawolf will serve as support on select dates of the tour.
In the midst of his headlining tour, Jelly Roll will also serve as support on several dates of Eric Church’s The Outsiders Revival Tour.
The country hitmaker is also scheduled to perform at several upcoming festivals this year, including Tailgate N’ Tallboys Bloomington, Tailgate N’ Tallboys Clinton, TidalWave Music Festival, and more.
Madeleine O’Connell graduated from North Central College with a bachelors degree in Journalism and Broadcast Communications before deciding to pursue her studies further at DePaul University. There, she earned her masters degree in Digital Communication & Media Arts. O’Connell served as a freelance writer for over two years while also interning with the Academy of Country Music, SiriusXM and Circle Media and assisting with Amazon Music’s Country Heat Weekly podcast. In addition to Country Now, she has been published in American Songwriter, Music Mayhem, and Holler.Country. Madeleine O’Connell is a member of the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music.