Following the announcement of a new single and headlining fall tour, Jon Pardi has revealed details about his much-anticipated new album.
Due September 27, Heartache Medication is named after Pardi’s current single of the same name and will feature a whopping 14 tracks. Pardi returns as a producer for the third time and is once again teaming up with California Sunrise co-producer Bart Butler. Ryan Gore joins the pair as a first-time co-producer.
Pardi co-wrote seven of the album’s tracks, including the lead single. Lauren Alaina appears as a special guest on the song “Don’t Blame It On Whiskey,” which was co-written by fellow country superstars Eric Church and Miranda Lambert alongside Michael Heeney and Luke Laird.
Fans can expect the album to reflect Pardi’s brand of traditional country music.
“The single ‘Heartache Medication’ has an 80’s George Strait ‘Fool Hearted Memory’ feel to it, and is something people can dance to,” Pardi shared with The Associated Press. “That’s something I really wanted for this album. There really are no sad songs on this record-it covers a range of subjects, but is ultimately about moving on, and having a good time.”
To celebrate his new album, the Californa native will embark on a headlining tour this fall. The Heartache Medication Tour is slated to kick off with back-to-back shows at Nashville’s famed Ryman Auditorium.
“To have a true hometown Nashville show at the Ryman, that’s what it’s all about,” Pardi told The AP.
Country newcomer Riley Green will join Pardi on select dates of the Tour.
Heartache Medication Track Listing:
1. “Old Hat” (Jeff Hyde, Matt Jenkins and Ryan Tyndell)
2. “ Heartache Medication” (Jon Pardi, Barry Dean and Natalie Hemby)
3. “Nobody Leaves A Girl Like That” (Bart Butler, Marv Green and Jimmy Yeary)
4. “Ain’t Always The Cowboy” (Brandon Kinney and Josh Thompson)
5. “Me And Jack” (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
6. “Don’t Blame It On Whiskey (Featuring Lauren Alaina)” (Eric Church, Michael Heeney, Luke Laird and Miranda Lambert)
7. “Tied One On” (Bart Butler, Chase McGill and Jamie Paulin)
8. “Oughta Know That” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Luke Laird)
9. “Tequila Little Time” (Jon Pardi, Rhett Akins and Luke Laird)
10. “Buy That Man A Beer” (Clint Daniels, Justin Lantz and John Pierce)
11. “Call Me Country” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Driver Williams)
12. “Just Like Old Times” (Jon Pardi, Jeff Hyde and Michael Heeney)
13. “Love Her Like She’s Leaving” (Bart Butler, Dean Dillon and Jessie Jo Dillon)
14. “Starlight” (Jon Pardi, Bart Butler and Jeffrey Steele)