Award-winning quartet, Little Big Town took to social media to announce that their highly anticipated 10th studio album, Mr. Sun, will be released on September 16, 2022.
Fans can pre-order the new record, including two hand-signed options from the band – a limited edition, web-store edition tangerine vinyl that includes an 11×11” art card, and a CD that includes a 4×4” art card – in addition to a baby blue vinyl edition of the record. There will also be a sky-blue vinyl of available exclusively through Barnes & Noble.
Shortly after announcing the new album, Little Big Town released “Rich Man,” a brand-new track from the project. The ballad was written by the band’s Jimi Westbrook and centers around the important things in life, like love and family.
“‘Rich Man’ has a special place in my heart, and it feels like the most honest me song I’ve ever written,” Westbrook shares. “It is about my love of family and their role in laying the foundation that anchors me.
With the pandemic and hardships that came in 2020, the members of Little Big Town had their first break from being out on the road in the 20 years they have been together. Taking the time to appreciate the steadiness and allowance of creativity, the group found themselves inspired, thus came about the self-produced Mr. Sun.
“Mr. Sun is intentionally an emotional record that holds hands well with our last album Nightfall,” shares Little Big Town’s Karen Fairchild. “Mr. Sun is focused on better days ahead, the value of friendships and family; it touches on heartbreak and letting go, but it’s full of sunshine and joy.”
“This album has a special feeling to it. We have collectively been through an unprecedented period making this album,” adds Phillip Sweet. “Life is short; we are here to live it with the ones around us, loving them and ourselves the best we can. All the while, thankful for another turn around the sun.”
With a member of the band writing or co-writing 13 of the 16 tracks, the group has been forming relationships near and far; The project consists of 33 songwriters – ranging from 3 countries and 20 different states.
These songwriting relationships span from 20-year friendships to first-time connections, resulting in an album beaming with color across the entire spectrum.
Mr. Sun Track List:
- All Summer (Karen Fairchild, Sara Buxton, Madi Diaz, Ashley Ray, Savana Santos, Alysa Vanderheym)
- Better Love (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Tofer Brown, Audra Mae)
- Hell Yeah (Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Corey Crowder, Tyler Hubbard)
- Mr. Sun (Sarah Buxton, Daniel Tashian)
- Three Whiskeys and the Truth (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose)
- One More Song (Tofer Brown, Sean McConnell)
- Heaven Had a Dance Floor (Karen Fairchild, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Cary Barlowe, Jesse Frasure)
- Gold (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Trent Dabbs, Luke Dick)
- Rich Man (Jimi Westbrook)
- God Fearing Gypsies (Karen Fairchild, Nicolette Hayford, Ashley Ray)
- Different Without You (Corey Crowder, Jared Mullins, Steven Lee Olsen, Jordan Schmidt)
- Whiskey Colored Eyes (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
- Song Back (Karen Fairchild, Jimi Westbrook, Todd Clark, Sara Haze, Jason Saenz)
- Something Strong (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Hillary Lindsey, Lori McKenna, Liz Rose)
- Last Day On Earth (Karen Fairchild, Trent Dabbs, Tommy English)
- Friends of Mine (Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Schlapman, Phillip Sweet, Jimi Westbrook, Foy Vance)
The new series “CMT Summer Camp” will feature Little Big Town on the debut episode, airing Thursday, August 12 at 9p/8c on CMT. The premiere will include an exclusive one-hour special full of performances – with both new music and some of the band’s greatest hits.
The group is also set to celebrate the release of their record from the TODAY Plaza at 30 Rock as part of the 2022 Citi Concert Series on TODAY September 16th.
Mr. Sun will follow the Grammy-nominated band’s self-produced 9th studio album Nightfall, which debuted topped the Billboard’s Top Country Albums chart upon its January 2020 release and was nominated for Best Country Album at the 63rd Annual GRAMMY Awards.
Recently, the group concluded The Bandwagon Tour with Miranda Lambert and joined The Eagles on all dates of their European stadium tour this summer. Little Big Town will join Wynonna Judd on select dates of The Judds: The Final Tour this fall.
Later this month, Little Big Town will perform at Atlantis Paradise Island to celebrate “Atlantis Country Week.”