Ahead of the September 25 release of her first-ever full-length Christmas album, My Gift, Carrie Underwood is unveiling one of the project’s original tracks, “Let There Be Peace.”
Co-written by Underwood alongside longtime collaborators Brett James and David Garcia, “Let There Be Peace” shares a universal message of hope.
“Let there be peace/ Peace to every nation/ Let there be hope/ For all the world to see/ Let there be love/ And joy to all the children/ Let there be peace on Earth/ For you and me,” the seven-time Grammy winner sings on the chorus, while backed by The McCrary Sisters and Brett James.
With its timely message of unity and hope, “Let There Be Peace” is sure to become one of the biggest holiday hits of 2020. The track is available now with a pre-order of the digital album.
Underwood revealed the 11-song track list for My Gift earlier this week, surprising fans with two special guests: her 5 year old son, Isaiah, who will join her on “Little Drummer Boy” and John Legend, who will duet with her on the original track, “Hallelujah.”
“I’ve always wanted to make a Christmas album and it’s been a long time coming,” Underwood previously shared in a statement. “I knew this would be my next music project after wrapping my tour last year, and I think it’s turned out to be the perfect time for an album like this, in this period of such personal and spiritual reflection. For me, it’s more important than ever to focus on the true meaning of Christmas in a project like this. Even though it has been a tough year for all of us, sometimes I feel like the greatest realizations can be inspired by the most difficult times, and make us more grateful for the things we do have and for what truly matters.”
Fans can view the complete track list below.
My Gift Track List
1. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Traditional)
2. O Come All Ye Faithful (Traditional)
3. Let There Be Peace (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
4. Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher) (Harry Simeone, Henry Onorati, Katherine Davis)
5. Sweet Baby Jesus (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
6. Hallelujah (with John Legend) (John Stephens, Toby Gad)
7. O Holy Night (Traditional)
8. Mary, Did You Know? (Buddy Greene, Mark Lowry)
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
10. Away In A Manger (Traditional)
11. Silent Night (Traditional)