Just weeks ahead of the launch of their much-anticipated What A Song Can Do Tour, Lady A unveiled plans to release a brand new, seven-song collection of music.
Out June 25, What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) includes seven tracks, each of which was co-written by a least one member of the GRAMMY-winning trio.
The project was produced by Dann Huff and was born after Lady A’s Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley and Hillary Scott spent the past year in “rediscovery mode,” making a point to return to the band’s “original intention” with a collection of music that blends country, rock and pop. According to a press release, the songs were not born out of the struggles of 2020, but created alongside them.
“There’s an interdependence that we have with each other, and music is at the center of that to me,” Scott said in a statement. “We are all living in the now together…we’re all a work in progress, and that is what we wanted to share with these songs on the first chapter.”
What A Song Can Do (Chapter One) will be available for pre-order beginning Friday, June 11.
The Grand Ole Opry members will bring the new music on the road with the launch of their new tour on July 29 in Uncasville, CT. The 34-city trek will feature Lady A alongside Carly Pearce, Niko Moon and Tenille Arts.
View this post on Instagram
WHAT A SONG CAN DO (CHAPTER ONE) TRACK LIST
1. “Talk Of This Town” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Nicolle Galyon, Jordan Reynolds
2. “What A Song Can Do” | Charles Kelley, Sam Ellis, Ryan Hurd, Laura Veltz
3. “Like A Lady” | Hillary Scott, Dave Barnes, Michelle Buzz, Martin Johnson, Brandon Paddock
4. “Things He Handed Down” | Charles Kelley, Julian Bunetta, Jesse Frasure, Thomas Rhett
5. “Fire” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Hillary Scott, Justin Ebach
6. “Chance Of Rain” | Dave Haywood, Charles Kelley, Topher Brown, Justin Ebach
7. “Worship What I Hate” | Dave Haywood, Hillary Scott, Natalie Hemby, Amy Wadge