The track is one of four brand new songs the country superstar will be releasing on “GOLDMINE (DELUXE),” the extended version of her highly praised GOLD-selling debut album.
The backroad ballad effortlessly paints the picture of a day that can only be fixed with a late-night drive with the person you love.
“You and Jesus can fix my soul,” she sings, “So pick me up, get me lost way out / Down a back two-lane / Little George Strait way on up / Get me outta my head and outta this town / And tell me no matter what / You’ll be by my side / Everything gonna be alright / Make the world go black, how you do me like that / When I climb up in your truck / Just pick me up.”
“I wrote ‘Pick Me Up’ with Ross [Copperman] and Jon [Nite]. I didn’t really have a song in my repertoire that was laid-back Country – a riding down the backroads while listening to George Strait-type of song,” Barrett shared. “I had to pay homage to George Strait because I feel like I’m being adopted into the Texas family with my husband being from Texas.”
Listeners can look forward to hearing “Pick Me Up” alongside Barrett’s three other new releases, “Never Get It Back,” a breathtaking cover of country icon Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” and “The Good Ones (Wedding Version),” when the deluxe project drops on Friday, November 19.
Co-produced by Ross Copperman and Zach Kale, with additional production from Jimmy Robbins, Sam Martin and Bryan Fowler, the 17-track project boasts 15 songwriting credits to Barrett’s name.
Gabby Barrett’s GOLDMINE (DELUXE) Track List:
1. “I Hope” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite)^
2. “Thank God” (Gabby Barrett, Nicolle Galyon, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins) †
3. “Write It on My Heart” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)^
4. “Footprints on the Moon” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite)^
5. “You’re the Only Reason” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Josh Kear)^
6. “Goldmine” (Nicolle Galyon, Caitlyn Smith, Liz Rose)*
7. “The Good Ones” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Emily Landis, Jim McCormick)^
8. “Jesus & My Mama” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Cliff Downs, Marti Dodson)^
9. “Hall of Fame” (Gabby Barrett, Adam Doleac, Trannie Anderson, Zach Kale)^
10. “Got Me” feat. Shane & Shane (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Shane Barnard, Cade Foehner, Bryan Fowler) •
11. “Rose Needs a Jack” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Joe Clemmons)*
12. “Strong” (Gabby Barrett, Emily Weisband, Ross Copperman)^
13. “I Hope” feat. Charlie Puth (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite, Charlie Puth)^
14. “Pick Me Up” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)^
15. “Never Get It Back” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)^
16. “I Will Always Love You” (Dolly Parton)^
17. “The Good Ones (Wedding Version)” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Emily Landis, Jim McCormick)+
^ Produced by Ross Copperman and Zach Kale
† Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Jimmy Robbins
* Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Sam Martin
• Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Bryan Fowler
+ Produced by Ross Copperman
At just 21 years old, Gabby Barrett has made her mark on country music with her 5x PLATINUM smash single “I Hope,” which was the most-streamed country song of 2020, crossover “I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth),” PLATINUM “The Good Ones” and current single “Footprints on the Moon.”
Barrett is currently nominated for Favorite Female Country Artist, Favorite Country Album (GOLDMINE), and Favorite Country Song (“The Good Ones”) at the 2021 American Music Awards, which will take place on November 21.