Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhett and More To Honor Pandemic Heroes During CMT Special
CMT is joining forces with Switched On Entertainment to present a virtual uplifting celebration to honor the COVID-19 frontline workers…
Miranda Lambert; Photo by Ellen Von Unwerth, Thomas Rhett; Photo by John Shearer
CMT is joining forces with Switched On Entertainment to present a virtual uplifting celebration to honor the COVID-19 frontline workers during the just announced CMT Celebrates Our Heroes: An Artists of the Year Special.
The two-hour special will air on June 3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT and will feature at-home performances from some of country music’s biggest stars, including Brothers Osborne, Florida Georgia Line, Kelsea Ballerini, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town, Miranda Lambert, Thomas Rhett and more to be announced.
Additionally, the CMT special will feature one-of-a-kind tributes, callouts and performances from some of country music’s biggest superstars, all filmed directly from their own homes and virtually produced by CMT.
In words and music, the star-studded lineup will recognize COVID-19 heroes including but not limited to the following:
- Healthcare Workers: Doctors, nurses, pharmacists, ambulance drivers and EMT’s fighting the heroic battle to treat the sick and dying while putting their own health risks aside.
- Food Industry: Farmers, distributors, migrant workers and truckers helping to provide the food that restaurants and grocery workers put on our tables.
- American Ingenuity: Big industry and small businesses who are retrofitting their production lines to provide ventilators, personal protective equipment and hand sanitizers, along with the scientists who are racing the clock to develop effective treatments that will stem the tide until a vaccine is perfected.
- Infrastructure: Educators, delivery drivers, sanitation workers and utility laborers who are necessary to maintain our way of life.
- U.S. Military: Active and reserve military personnel who have answered the call to step up for any duty large or small, and their families who are left to navigate these uncertain times alone.
- First Responders: Fire departments and law enforcement officers who continue to protect our homes, families and our country.
CMT Celebrates Our Heroes: An Artists of the Year Special will air on June 3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CMT.
Andrew Wendowski is the Founder and CEO of Music Mayhem. As a self-taught entrepreneur, he oversees content as the Editor-In-Chief for the independent brand. Wendowski, who splits time between Philadelphia, Penn., and Nashville, Tenn., has an extensive background in multimedia. Before launching Music Mayhem in 2014, he worked as a highly sought-after photojournalist and tour photographer, collaborating with such labels as Interscope Records and Republic Records. He has captured photos of some of the biggest names, including Taylor Swift, Metallica, Harry Styles, P!NK, Morgan Wallen, Carrie Underwood, The Rolling Stones, Madonna, Shania Twain, and hundreds more. Wendowski’s photos and freelance work have appeared nationwide and can be seen everywhere from ad campaigns to various publications, including Billboard and Rolling Stone. When Wendowski isn’t running Music Mayhem, he enjoys spending time at concerts, traveling, and capturing photos.