Randy Houser is gearing up to release his sixth studio album, Note To Self.
Arriving on November 11 via Magnolia Music Group, the project will include 10 tracks, all co-written by Houser.
“Blake and I worked on this record a long time, and I’m really looking forward to sharing the rest of it with the folks who’ve already shown how excited they are for new music,” he shared in a statement.
“This album came together at a time when I was reflecting on who I am and what’s important to me, envisioning the kind of future I’d like to see for myself and my family,” Houser added.
This Friday, the Mississippi native will give fans another taste of what’s to come on the album with the release of the track “Workin’ Man.”
“Workin’ Man,” penned by Houser and Randy Montana, highlights America’s blue-collar workers and the struggles they face day-to-day to support themselves and their families. Some of the lyrics include:
Morning coffee in his steel toe boots
Drink it up, lace ‘em up, light that fuse
Ain’t stacking nothing but some IOU’s
Can’t be late, can’t catch a break
BC Powder cause everything aches
Cold six pack, end of the day
Whatcha gonna do
Woman needs loving
And the kids need shoes
Ain’t nothing left when he pays them dues
Whoa, where ya gonna turn
Daddy said, “Son,better listen, better learn
Ain’t nobody shelling out no concerns for the workin’ man”
Yeah, I’ve seen it first-hand, buddy, just like you
That’s why I’m out here singing these blue-collar blues
For the workin’ man
The hitmaker recently released the album opener, “Still That Cowboy,” a ballad – penned by Houser, Matt Rogers and Josh Hoge – written in honor of his wife, Tatiana, as the pair are preparing to welcome their second child together. Click above to listen.
Randy Houser will be on the road again this summer for headlining shows, festival dates, and select performances with Lynyrd Skynyrd, Cody Johnson, and Travis Tritt. For more information, click here.
Note To Self Tracklist:
1. Still That Cowboy (Randy Houser, Matt Rogers, Josh Hoge)
2. Workin’ Man (Randy Houser, Randy Montana)
3. Note To Self (Randy Houser, Casey Beathard, Ross Copperman, Bobby Pinson)
4. Country ‘Round Here Tonight (Randy Houser, Brice Long, Jeff Hyde)
5. Take It To The Bank (Randy Houser, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tindell)
6. Call Me (Randy Houser, Paul Overstreet, Andrew Albert)
7. Out And Down (Randy Houser, Matt Rogers, Chris DeStefano)
8. Rub A Little Dirt On It (Randy Houser, Jeff Hyde, Ryan Tyndell)
9. American Dreamer (Randy Houser, Brad Warren, Brett Warren)
10. Remember How To Pray (Randy Houser, Kendell Marvel)