Fresh off her ACM Entertainer of the Year win, Miranda Lambert has announced that she’s bringing her star power to Las Vegas for her first-ever residency.
Here are seven fun facts about Miranda Lambert: Velvet Rodeo The Las Vegas Residency.
1. Velvet Rodeo will make its home at the Zappos Theater inside Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino in Las Vegas.
Other country artists who have held residencies at this venue include Shania Twain (2019-2022) and Florida Georgia Line (2019).
2. For the first time, Lambert will have outfit changes as part of her show.
During a Q&A on her Instagram stories, a fan asked if Lambert was preparing a Vegas wardrobe, even adding a special request for golden fringe. Lambert replied enthusiastically, “Yes! There are gonna be outfit changes and that will be something new for me. My stylist @tiffanygiffordstyle is already on it “
3. Lambert hopes to include some solo acoustic songs as part of the show.
“The House That Built Me” singer told ET Canada, “I wanna have some elements in the show that I’ve maybe never done before. Whether it’s a wardrobe change or like a couple of acoustic songs by myself.”
4. The setlist will span from her debut album Kerosene to her upcoming album Palomino, due out April 29.
Answering another question on her Instagram stories, Lambert revealed that the setlist will range from the beginning of her career to the present. When asked for a sneak peek of the setlist, Lambert replied, “It’s still a work in progress ! I’m trying to figure out how to get from Kerosene to Palomino in the most artistic way possible”
5. The name “Velvet Rodeo” is inspiring the visuals of the show.
During an interview with ET Canada, Lambert shared, “The name sets it up right. Those two words together really inspired me creatively for the look of everything.”
6. No two shows during the residency will be alike. Lambert plans to leave space in the setlist to be flexible.
When a fan asked if it would be the exact same setlist every night, Lambert replied on her Instagram stories, saying “We’re going to leave some room in the setlist to pull an audible and mix things up a little”
7. The Velvet Rodeo Las Vegas residency will be different from any other Miranda Lambert concert.
Lambert shared on her Instagram stories how she thinks it will invigorate her. “This will definitely be a one-of-a-kind experience. I think it’s going to be a new energy for me and will breathe new life into my process”
Lambert announced 24 dates of the Velvet Rodeo residency, which kicks off on September 23 and runs through early 2023.
September 23, 24, 28, 30
October 1, 5, 7, 8
November 26, 27, 30
December 3, 4, 8, 10, 11
March 24, 25, 30
April 1, 2, 6, 8, 9
All shows will begin at 8pm PT. For more information about Lambert’s residency, click here.