Every Detail Kelsea Ballerini Has Revealed About Her New Album
Kelsea Ballerini is hard is work on her third studio album and it appears she’s just as excited about her…
Kelsea Ballerini; Photo by Andrew Wendowski
Kelsea Ballerini is hard is work on her third studio album and it appears she’s just as excited about her new music as her fans are because she’s been dropping details about the album on Twitter left and right.
One scroll through the superstar’s social feed will reveal several details about the much-anticipated follow-up to 2017’s Unapologetically.
Late last month she commented on her new music in a social post writing, “These songs feel more personal and more rooted in my truth than ever before and I can’t wait to share them with you. Thanks for being on this journey with me and being patient while I try to whip up some magic. Off to the studio!”
Later, she dropped a handful of teasers in reply to fans’ questions about the record.
What we know about Kelsea Ballerini’s third album so far…
- Her new single is dropping in the “fall-ish.”
- The album will be out in 2020.
- She describes the vibe of her new single as “country, songwriter, honest” and says the album can be described as “self-aware.”
- Ballerini wrote over 100 songs for the project.
- She plans to tour in support of the album.
- Keeping with tradition, her third album will include a song she wrote by herself. “I have had a solo write on both of my records so far and am making it a tradition for the rest,” she recently shared. “Soooo I cut it this week and it started as a poem that I posted about writing on insta awhile back.”
- The album will include at least one collaboration.
- She hasn’t decided on a title yet but plans to confirm one later this month after attending one more songwriter retreat.
- The music video for the lead single was filmed in Los Angeles on Monday (July 15). Ballerini said it’s a “special one.”
While it’s unclear when fans will get their first taste of Ballerini’s next project, it’s apparent that it will be worth the wait.
Ballerini will co-host CMA Fest with Thomas Rhett and special guest host Bobby Bones on Sunday, Aug. 4 at 8/7c on ABC. See a sneak peek HERE.
Lauren Jo Black
Lauren Jo Black, a University of Central Florida graduate, has immersed herself in the world of country music for over 15 years. In 2008, she co-founded CountryMusicIsLove, eventually selling it to a major record label in 2015. Following the rebranding of the website to Sounds Like Nashville, Black served as Editor-in-Chief for two and a half years. Currently, she assumes the role of Editor-in-Chief at Country Now and oversees Country Now’s content and digital footprint. Her extensive experience also encompasses her previous role as a Country Music Expert Writer for Answers.com and her work being featured on Forbes.com. She’s been spotlighted among Country Aircheck’s Women of Influence and received the 2012 Rising Star Award from the University of Central Florida. Black also spent time in front of the camera as host of Country Now Live, which brought live music directly to fans in 2021 when the majority of concerts were halted due to the pandemic. During this time, she hosted 24 weeks of live concerts via Country Now Live on Twitch with special guests such as Lady A, Dierks Bentley, Jordan Davis, Brett Young, and Jon Pardi. Over the course of her career, she has had the privilege of conducting interviews with some of the industry’s most prominent stars, including Reba McEntire, Blake Shelton, Luke Combs, Carrie Underwood, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Lainey Wilson, and many others. Lauren Jo Black is a longtime member of the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music.