Carly Pearce is an open book with her fans, so it’s no surprise that she recently spent some of her downtime while on the road sharing fun facts about herself on social media.
“I’m playing a show with Kenny Chesney tonight and I thought while I do my makeup, I would tell you a bunch of random facts about me,” she shared in a “Get Ready With Me” (GRWM) TikTok clip that was later shared to her fan account, @carlyp_connect on Instagram.
The “What He Didn’t Do” singer went on to reveal 14 facts about herself while she applied her makeup ahead of the concert.
Pearce shared what she’s addicted to, her love for making people laugh, her dislike of vomit and affinity for Publix grocery stores and much more.
In her own words, the fun facts include…
- I have been 5’8 since I was in the fifth grade.
- I have two Shih Tzus named Johnny and June and I have a chocolate lab named Retta Lynn, after Loretta Lynn, and I have a cat named Emmy Lou after Emmy Lou Harris – obviously I sing country music, so I guess I’ve got a full country band.
- Speaking of my love for classic country, I moved away when I was sixteen from my hometown in Kentucky to sing at Dollywood and the most full-circle moment happened to me last year when Miss Dolly Parton herself asked me to be a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
- I have a small addiction to Orbit gum, I probably go through one of these every day… and yes, that’s a three-pack.
- I got married and divorced at age 29 and I wrote an album about it, and it was nominated for both an ACM and CMA Album of the Year.
- Most people would think that because I’m a singer and an entertainer and I can sing in front of a bunch of people that I would be extremely extroverted, but I’m actually super shy and really introverted.
- I’m one of those weird people that is deathly afraid of vomit, so if you have vomited in the last, I don’t know, month – don’t come near me.
- I live with twelve people on one bus – a lot of boys, a few girls – and I have to say that probably out of all of us, I’m the raunchiest and the grossest.
- I have OCD about things so badly. For example, when I leave my house, I check my plugs and outlets and candles like eighteen times – I probably didn’t even light a candle in the last, like, four weeks – it still could be on, and I have to take pictures to remember that I turned things off and I still think that I didn’t unplug it and that there’s still a candle burning.
- I will do anything – and I mean anything – to make somebody laugh.
- My favorite pastime is walking through the grocery store – aye Publix, love you.
- I am the reigning ACM and CMA Female Vocalist of the Year which was, like, my biggest dream as a kid come true.
- I think farts are the funniest thing in the whole world.
- And last, but not least, see all this hair – she’s fake.
Carly Pearce is a special guest on Kenny Chesney’s Here And Now Tour throughout the summer.
Her latest single, “What He Didn’t Do,” achieved the most-added status at country radio upon its release. The track is featured on her album, 29: Written In Stone, and was co-written by Pearce, Ashley Gorley and Emily Shackleton.
“What He Didn’t Do” was named Favorite Breakup Song in the fan-voted Country Now Awards last year.